No doubt you’ve already heard the news about the Richard III identification, so I put together a linky little post for you, to get lots of Rich-III-dig info in one spot. Is some of that info comedy? Of course it is, because you know what you’re dealing with on my blog, don’t you!
To start, we have a video from University of Leicester on the reveal of the results, as well as a slideshow of the bones and facial reconstruction efforts. These videos show the discussion of “the Greyfriars Project” to begin with last August, the process of the geneological research, the removal of a tooth for DNA analysis, and the “humiliation injuries” his corpse suffered.
For a chuckle amongst the exciting news, have a look at:
- New car park regulations
- Weekend at Richard III’s
- Separated at birth: Richard III and Quentin Tarantino
- ALL THE KINGS
- Grumpy Cat is not impressed
- Richard III: Hide-and-Seek World Record Holder!
- SNL Weekend Update interviews Richard III’s childhood friends
- “Really, Baldrick? Under a car park?”
- Chaucer figures the king was “probablye a compacte spotte”
- …but he owes the city council big-time for all that parking time
Whether you’re a Tudorphile, a Ricardian, a fan of other dynasties/families…We’re all together during this incredible time in history. I love that! I hope you all enjoyed the information unfolding — a rare thing and yet here we are!