So I got up at 6 a.m. Eastern Time (and my kids willingly joined me!) to watch The Big Event, snapping the above pic along the way — What an amazing start to the day!
Personal fave moment: Did anyone else catch when Kate’s brother was reading during the ceremony and she was looking all around at the crowd? Prince William was calming reading along, very “I’ve been to a ton of these posh ceremonies,” and something made him look toward Kate. When he saw she had been looking all around, he caught her eye and gave her a little tilt of the head, as if to say “Hello?? All right there? Please don’t act starstruck, dahling, you’re one of us now!”
What else stood out to me?
- Harry as the strapping best man, with that mercurial air about him.
- The bride’s sister in a simple but elegant dress, perfect for her figure
- The lemon-yellow queen, who was kind of an afterthought because everytime the camera was on her we could only pay attention to…
- Princess Beatrice’s fascinator
- The father of the groom looking quite happy and relaxed, yet always with She Who Must Not Be Named
Top it all off with a beautiful, rain-free day and two smooches on the balcony, and that’s a royal wedding for ya!